Electra Development Team, comprising of Coolstar, Nullpixel, Allesandro Chiarlitti, and AppleBeta, has now launched Chimera Jailbreak for iOS 12.0 to iOS 12.1.2 working on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. In this post, We are presenting you two working methods to install Chimera on iOS devices. Two methods are working. First one does not require computer but second one requires computer.
Chimera is the latest jailbreak tool for the iOS firmware version 12.0 after Unc0ver. The advantage of Chimer over other primitive alternatives is that it is perfectly compatible with devices having the A12/A12X processor. More over, It does not conflict with any system or user file thus making it more safer compared to its alternatives.
Unlike other jailbreak tools, Chimera won’t crash, freeze or drain your iDevice battery. It was developed from ground. Once you install it, It will integrated into the system like any other iOS app.
The principle behind Chimera is Brandon Azad’s Voucher_Swap Exploit for iOS 12.0 and presents a fully developed CoreTrust bypass. Because of this, a user need not resign binaries every time. What differentiates Chimera from other alternatives is that it comes with Sileo, a latest replacement for Cydia, developed for the 64 bit Apple devices as a default package manager.
iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, and iPhone 5S
iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad (2017) 5th Generation, iPad (2018), iPad Pro (11-inch), Third-generation iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- iPod touch (6th generation)
HOW TO JAILBREAK IPHONE, IPAD, or IPOD TOUCH RUNNING ON IOS 12 to IOS 12.1.2
You can install it directly from signing services like TopStore. You can download topstore from here.
INSTALL CHIMERA ON IOS WITHOUT COMPUTER
- Tap on GET button given below.
- Wait until small prompt appear on the screen. Click on Install and wait for the installer to load the application on your device.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management. Select enterprise certificate for Chimera and trust it. If you don’t find the certificate to trust, just choose the one that is currently untrusted.
- You can find the app on your home screen.
- Launch the Chimera App and click on Jailbreak.
- After the spinning wheel completes the required steps, Your iDevice will display reboot option. Tap on it to reboot your iPhone or iPad.
- Once the App displays “Jailbroken” after completion of above steps, your device is successfully kept under jailbreak mode.
- In addition to this, You can also find Sileo app installed on your iOS device. Launch it to install all tweaks.
INSTALL CHIMERA ON IOS WITH COMPUTER
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running on compatible iOS firmware mentioned above.
- Computer or Laptop running on Windows, Mac, or Linux Platform.
- USB Cable.
- Internet connection.
Note: You need to install latest version of iTunes your computer. You can get it from respective App Store. If iTunes was already installed on your computer, Update it to latest version.
- Download Cydia Impactor GUI tool on your computer from the link given below. You don’t need to install it. Download the ZIP file and extract it.
- Now launch iTunes on your Computer.
- Connect your Apple device to a computer after unlocking with USB cable.
- Launch Cydia Impactor and check if your device is recognized by the computer.
- Download Chimera IPA latest version from the download link given below.
- Drag the IPA file and drop it over Cydia Impactor in order to start the installation.
- Cydia Impactor will ask you to enter your Apple ID and Password. Enter them hit enter OK.
- Once the installation is done, the application appears on the home screen and you can eject your device from the computer.
- Open the Stock Settings App and navigate to General -> Profiles & Device Management and choose the developer certificate associated with your email address.
- Launch the Chimera App and click the Jailbreak button and the Jailbreak process starts, indicated by a spinning wheel.
- If you see “Reboot required” on the screen, it means that the installation was successful and you are required to restart your iOS device.
- If your device reboots before the spinning wheel completes all the three processes, the exploit wasn’t successful. You need to go back to app and keep tap on Jailbreak option until the exploit is successful.
- Now, you can launch the Sileo Cydia alternative from the home screen if you want to download your preferred tweaks.
Chimera first ever jailbreak tool released for A12 iOS devices running on iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2. The success rate with this tool is also pretty high. If you have any issues with it, Do comment below. We get back to you with a solution.